Building on Your Land
Your Building Project with The Catskill Farms
You Own It!!
You pulled the trigger and bought some land.
Seemed like a good idea at the time. But now you are finding out builders have a 3 year wait time and have doubled their prices. Engineers and architects aren't returning your calls, or worse, dragging out deliverables interminably while promising you the world. The electric and cable company is unfathomable. The Board of Health and Building Departments are a mystery wrapped in a riddle. It's a complicated process where relationships come in handy. The learning curve the first time around is hard to overstate or overcome.
Chuck Petersheim, Founder of Catskill Farms, gives an
overview of the "Building on Your Land" process.
Catskill Farms has been there, done that.
For 20 years. In 4 Hudson Valley counties. Pushing 300 homes. Our experience is as deep as it gets. And we'd like to leverage it for our mutual benefit. There isn't a problem we haven't solved, a relationship we haven't nurtured.
How We Can Help:
Catskill Farms provides site evaluation, engineering, architecture, permitting, and construction. By choosing among our much-loved, original designs, you skip a series of steps in the process. You are then provided with options for personalization in an accelerated timeline, paving the way for a fast start to the actual project. It also provides our entire team with a home they know how to build, since they've done it before.
Our Designs, Our Expertise - Your Land, Your home.
Listed below are a few examples of our most beloved designs with a cost to build.
Most Catskill Farms homes are finished on two levels (except for our Mini Ranch). Farmhouse, Barn and Cottage designs can accommodate a finished basement for an additional price.
A flat fee of $15,000 for site planning, budgeting, contract work, engineering, and architecture.
- Driveways (up to 350')
- Clearing of trees (120' by 120')
- All elements of the construction process from the concrete foundation to kitchen cabinetry.
- All coordination with the board of health, building department, subcontractors, utilities, local municipalities.
- Design and product selection collaboration, facilitation, sourcing, ordering, and receiving.
- Specifications of the products we are going to use.
- A design road map informing How, What, Where, and When your home design decisions will be made.
- An 'allowance-driven' design process with prices associated for cabinets, tile, plumbing, and lighting fixtures, tile.
- For homes shown above without a finished basement, you can assume a cost of approximately $100 per sq. ft.
What's Not Included:
- Final grading and seeding of the land
- Shower glass
- Exterior chimney stone
With construction financing, your building partner is vital. The bank will want plans, budgets, payment schedules, and a host of other last-minute items to process your construction loan. We know exactly what they want and how to present it right the first time, saving time and frustration.
The math is simple. By knowing the process inside and out, we can steer towards the path that accomplishes our mutual goals and steers away from paths that will result in delay. Without a doubt, time is money in this process. We get that.
Get in Touch:
For more information about how your land can pair with our homes, contact Chuck via email. Please write I OWN LAND in the subject line.
View our portfolio of sold homes to see more examples of Catskill Farms designs.Sold Homes Portfolio >